This is a comprehensive, step by step foundation course in Implant Dentistry, tailored to help general practitioners build up their skills and confidence to safely and efficiently advance in implant dentistry. Participants in the course will have the opportunity to grow both their theoretical understanding and clinical competence in Implant Dentistry in a supervised and environment under expert mentoring. The course will build a solid foundation in the theoretical knowledge and then combine face-to-face teaching and mentoring with hands-on exercises and finally supervised clinical practice aiming to empower learners to practice implant dentistry, with a solid, evidence-based foundation and clinical skills. Cutting edge implant technology and digital workflow will be taught and utilised. The course is organized in 5 modules covering the whole spectrum of implant dentistry and clinical skills of the straightforward level.
Module 1: 14/3
Biology and Technology: The Biological basis of Implant Dentistry, Technology Components and Devices !
• Tissue integration and Implant Design!
• Understanding Surgical Anatomy
• Radiographic Imaging and Diagnosis / Planning of Implant Therapy
• Diagnostic Interpretation of Cone Beam CT
• Working with optical scanning and STL files
Module 2 : 28/3
Implants and the patient:
• Dental implants in the Comprehensive Care plan
• Systemic diseases and their treatment as risk factors for implant dentistry
• Prosthetic Driven Implant Placement
• Computer Aided Implant Treatment Planning and Software
Module 3: 25/4
• Principles of Straightforward Implant Surgery, flap design, suturing and wound healing
• Advancing in Implant Surgery – Minimally Invasive Implant Surgery
• 4 scenaria of surgical implant placement with microsurgery principles, free-hand and guided surgery.
Implant Surgery Mentorship Each participant has the opportunity to treatment plan and perform an Implant Surgery under 1-on-1 supervision with a mentor. Recordings of the surgery will be available for debriefing and discussions.
Module 4 : 30/5
• Prosthetic Pathways with implant restorations
• Implant Dental Prosthesis: Design for lasting success!
• Prosthetic Abutment: the critical interface
• Impression on teeth and implants: Digital and Conventional workflow
Module 5 : 13/6
Maintaining health in patients with implants
• Strategies for maintaining health
• Managing Technical Complications with dental implants
• Biological and Technical Interrelation
• Diagnosis and Management of Peri-implantitis
Download Course flyer here!
Course Director: Dr. Nikos Mattheos
- 14/3 - 13/6 2020
- 9 am - 5 pm
- Centre of Dental Education, 17/F CEO Tower, 77 Wing Hong Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- max 10
- Status : Places still available
- Complexity: Straightforward
CDE cutting edge training facilities include a modern simulation-lab, a fully equipped surgical suite supported by an in-house dental lab and complete digital workflow.